LEGAL ASSISTANT – IMMEDIATE OPENING!
States Recovery Systems, Inc. is a respected receivable management company with the industry experience and financial resources to focus the best people. Founded in 1988, and serving a diverse client base nationwide we are looking to expand our in-house legal department and are currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join our team!
• Familiar with civil litigation procedure, court filing procedures, e-filing and service of process in all counties within California
• Filing and preparation of summons and complaint for various types of contracts including credit card, retail, auto deficiency, secured and unsecured lines and loans and preparation of default clerk and court judgments
• Preparation of post-judgment documents including writs, bank levies, earnings withholding orders, abstracts and renewals
• Ability to coordinate with the courts and process servers for updates
• Drafting and organizing documents including correspondence, pleadings, briefs, and discovery; maintain legal files- Preparation of legal files for referral to out-of-state attorney network
• Strong attention to detail
• Highly organized with strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills and time management- MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Dependable team player with excellent attendance and punctuality
• Calendaring of all hearings, appearances and coordination of court trials- Previous experience in the civil filing process and familiarity with Legal Solutions is a must.
• Paralegal Certificate not required.
This is a Full-Time position Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm. We offer benefits after 90 days including medical, dental, vision, Simple IRA, Vacation and Sick Pay.
States Recovery Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Please see below to submit your resume.